Agra, located in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh, India, is a city renowned for its rich historical and architectural heritage. It is primarily known for being the home of the magnificent Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
Apart from the Taj Mahal, there are several other tourist attractions in Agra that are worth visiting. Here are some notable places to explore :
Best Tourist Places in Agra
1.Taj Mahal : Undoubtedly the most famous tourist attraction in Agra, the Taj Mahal is a stunning white marble mausoleum built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal. Its intricate craftsmanship and symmetrical beauty make it a must-visit monument.
2. Agra Fort : Also known as the Red Fort of Agra, this massive fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage site. It served as the main residence of the Mughal emperors and features impressive structures like the Diwan-i-Aam, Diwan-i-Khas, and Jahangir Palace.
3. Fatehpur Sikri : Situated around 40 kilometers from Agra, Fatehpur Sikri is a deserted city that served as the capital of the Mughal Empire during the reign of Emperor Akbar. The complex houses several remarkable buildings, including Buland Darwaza, Panch Mahal, and Jama Masjid.
4. Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb : Often referred to as the “Baby Taj,” this tomb is a beautiful marble mausoleum built by Nur Jahan, the wife of Jahangir, for her father. It is known for its intricate inlay work and peaceful gardens.
5. Mehtab Bagh : Located across the Yamuna River from the Taj Mahal, Mehtab Bagh is a well-maintained garden offering a breathtaking view of the Taj Mahal at sunset. It is an ideal spot for photography enthusiasts.
6. Akbar’s Tomb, Sikandra : The mausoleum of Emperor Akbar is located in Sikandra, just a few kilometers from Agra. The tomb showcases a blend of Mughal and Hindu architectural styles and is set amidst serene surroundings.
7. Chini Ka Rauza : This elegant mausoleum is dedicated to Allama Afzal Khan Mullah, a Persian poet and scholar. It is renowned for its beautiful blue glazed tile work.
These are just a few of the many tourist places to explore in Agra. The city’s rich cultural heritage and historical significance make it a popular destination for tourists from around the world.
8. Mariam’s Tomb : Mariam’s Tomb, also known as the Tomb of Mariam-uz-Zamani, is the final resting place of Mariam-uz-Zamani, the wife of Emperor Akbar and the mother of Emperor Jahangir.
The tomb is located in Sikandra and is known for its impressive architecture and intricate stone carvings.
Mariam’s Tomb showcases a fusion of Mughal and Hindu architectural styles, with elements such as chhatris (domed pavilions), minarets, and ornate carvings.
The red sandstone structure is set amidst a serene garden, providing a peaceful atmosphere for visitors.
Visiting Mariam’s Tomb offers a glimpse into the Mughal era and the life of Mariam-uz-Zamani. The intricate details and historical significance of the tomb make it a captivating attraction for history enthusiasts and architecture lovers alike.
9. Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal : This important Sikh shrine is located near the Sikandra Fort. It is dedicated to Guru Tegh Bahadur, the ninth Sikh Guru, and is known for its beautiful architecture and peaceful ambiance.
The gurudwara also has a sarovar (holy tank) where visitors can take a dip for spiritual purification.
10. Keetham Lake (Sur Sarovar Bird Sanctuary) : Situated on the outskirts of Agra, Keetham Lake is a serene water body surrounded by lush greenery.
It is a birdwatcher’s paradise, hosting a wide variety of migratory birds during the winter season. The sanctuary offers boat rides, nature trails, and an opportunity to observe diverse avian species.
11. Mankameshwar Temple : Located near the Agra Fort, Mankameshwar Temple is an ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is believed that offering prayers at this temple fulfills the wishes and desires of devotees.
The temple complex also includes shrines dedicated to other Hindu deities.
12. Taj Nature Walk : Adjacent to the Taj Mahal, Taj Nature Walk is a vast green area comprising of gardens, fruit orchards, and a variety of flora.
It offers a peaceful retreat from the bustling city and provides an excellent view of the Taj Mahal from a different perspective. Visitors can enjoy leisurely walks, picnics, and birdwatching in this tranquil setting.
13. Ram Bagh : Ram Bagh, also known as the Aram Bagh or the Garden of Relaxation, is believed to be the oldest Mughal garden in India. It was built by Emperor Babur and served as his final resting place before his remains were moved to Kabul.
The garden features beautiful pathways, fountains, and a variety of plants and trees, providing a serene environment for relaxation.
14. Soami Bagh : Soami Bagh is a serene garden complex that serves as the headquarters of the Radhasoami faith. It features stunning marble structures, including the impressive white marble samadhi (mausoleum) of the founder, Huzur Maharaj Ji. The complex is known for its intricate carvings and tranquil surroundings.
15. Jama Masjid : Located near the Agra Fort, Jama Masjid is a magnificent mosque built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. It is one of the largest mosques in India and is characterized by its red sandstone architecture and intricate decorations.
The mosque’s grand courtyard and serene ambiance make it a peaceful place for prayer and reflection.
People also ask :
There is a list mentioned above of 15 Tourist places in Agra.
What is Agra famous for ?
Iconic Taj Mahal . Located on the banks of Yamuna, Agra is best known for the iconic Taj Mahal.
DAY 1 : AGRA SIGHTSEEING
1 Taj Mahal. Historical & Heritage. …
2 Taj Museum. Museum & Gallery. …
3 Agra Fort / Agra Red Fort. Historical & Heritage.
4 Jama Masjid. Historical & Heritage | Pilgrimage.
5 Akbar’s Tomb – Sikandra. Historical & Heritage.
6 Mariam-uz-Zamani Tomb. Historical & Heritage.
7 Mehtab Bagh and many more places.
What is special in Agra food ?
Mughlai – The Best Food in Agra.
What is the best time to visit Agra ?
October to March: The best time to visit Agra is between autumn and winter as by this time the heat has ebbed and the weather is pleasant and perfect for sightseeing. Spend an afternoon at the Taj complex ambling through the grounds and enjoying the beauty of this magnificent monument.
नमस्कार दोस्तों! मैं इस वेबसाइट का एडमिन हूँ, इसमें मैं विभिन्न सरकारी योजनाओं की जानकारी ,सूचनाएं देने की कोशिश करता हूँ , यह जानकारी विभिन्न श्रोतीं से एकत्रित की गई हैं। मैं इनके पूर्ण रूप से सही होने का दावा नहीं करता। यहाँ दी गई जानकारी के आधार पर कोई कदम उठाने से पहले आप मूल स्रोत से सही सूचना अवश्य ज्ञात कर लें। किसी लेख में त्रुटि के सुधार के लिए digitalsewa1011 @gmail.com पर हमेशा आपके सुझाव आमंत्रित हैं। सहयोग के लिए आपका बहुत-बहुत धन्यवाद !